We use industry-leading tools and processes to keep your information safe. And remember, privacy starts with you keeping your device and password safe and secure.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell customer information.
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing products or services on our behalf to protect customer information.
- We do not share customer information outside our family of companies unless:
- they are providing services necessary to support your insurance
- you expressly authorize it; or
- it is permitted or required by law; or
- your insurance policy contract with us permits us to do so.
- We protect the information of former, prospective, and current policyholders.
WHAT WE COLLECT
As part of your application for insurance products, to manage your account and to optimize our products and services, we’ll collect these kinds of information about you:
- Contact information (such as address, phone, email)
- Demographic information (such as region and gender)
- Identifiers (such as Social Security and driver’s license numbers)
- Household (such as dependents)
- Insurance history (such as payments and claims)
- Financial information (such as credit history)
- Health information
- Data from information brokers and other similar providers about your online and offline activities
- And some other information related to your life and your interactions with our online tools.
We collect this information because it is necessary and useful for us to have in order to provide you insurance and to improve our products and services.
HOW WE COLLECT IT
We acquire your personal information from a few sources.
- From you directly. This includes your customer applications and other forms, your requests for services or information from us, and your communications and interactions with us, including our online tools.
- From third parties such as the Medical Information Bureau and consumer reporting agencies.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only use personal information for legitimate business purposes, such as
- Processing applications and claims
- Servicing your business
- Verifying your identify in order to protect your information and your account
- Contacting you regarding the products or services in which you have expressed an interest
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Improving our products and services, our website and marketing efforts
- Offering you other products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
- Using and analyzing the data we collect about you individually, or in aggregage with other applicants, to enhance account administration, customer experience, our underwriting and internal risk controls, fraud detection and mitigation, product research, product pricing, product performance and future communication with our customers
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share the information with others who provide services to help us process or administer our business, and only as permitted by law.
We may share information with other entities under the following circumstances:
- For our everyday business purposes, for public policy purposes, and as permitted or required by law or the legal process.
- As needed, to handle your claim(s). This includes, for example, our agents, investigators, attorneys.
- For support in our underwriting process, such as credit reporting agencies or medical examiners.
- Other persons or organizations who we have determined need the information to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us. This includes, for example, service providers such as third parties who help us process claims or print our customer statements, email service provider to send out emails on our behalf. We require that our service providers limit their use of the information and keep it confidential, and will share the personal information you provide only as necessary for them to provide their service.
- When we have your permission.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
We are part of a large, global financial services organization. Due to the global nature of our business, for the purposes set out above we may transfer information to parties located in other countries. We may transfer information internationally to our group companies, service providers, business partners and governmental or public authorities
HOW YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE
We will occasionally send you newsletters and information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. You may unsubscribe or opt out of these communications at any time by sending us a written request or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each of the email communications you receive. Even if you unsubscribe we may still disclose information as allowed or required by law.
We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not unsubscribe from these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
ACCESS and CORRECTION
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will retain and use your information for an unlimited period of time for as long as needed for general underwriting, insurance purposes, improvement of products and services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
TRACKING and TECHNOLOGY
CUSTOMER REVIEWS and SURVEYS
We may provide you the opportunity to participate in reviews and customer surveys conducted via email. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these reviews is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code).
We use this information to evaluate our level of customer service. With your consent we may post your reviews on our website along with your name. If you want your review removed please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Residents of California: We may collect customer information from persons other than the individual or individuals applying for coverage. Such customer information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected may, in certain circumstances, be disclosed to third parties without your authorization as permitted by law. If you would like additional information about the collection and disclosure of customer information, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also act upon your right to see and correct any customer information in your Generation Life Insurance files by writing us at P.O. Box 83303, Lincoln, NE 68501-3303 or calling us at 855-436-4533 to request this access.
Si desea recibir una copia de esta notificación en español: Por favor póngase en contacto nosotros a firstname.lastname@example.org.
 A session ID cookie: once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates.
 A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user’s hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. If users reject the cookie, they may still use our site. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.